OAU admission requirements for Law: The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife is one of the first generation universities in Nigeria, OAU as fondly called by all and sundry was established in 1961 just a year after the nation’s independence. Having been around for over 6 decades, the university boast of one of the best law faculties and amongst others in Nigeria.
Known for its excellent academic reputation, the Obafemi Awolowo University receives applications from hundreds to thousands of prospective law applicants across the nation, thereby making admissions to this faculty a very competitive one. So in this article, we have made available all the OAU admission requirements for Law prospective students. Kindly read through so as to be appropriately informed as this will aid you through the admission process thereby avoiding unnecessary mistakes.
As stated above, admission to the faculty of law at the Obafemi Awolowo University is a very competitive one, to increase the chances of getting admitted, candidates are advised to perform excellently both in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) and also the OAU POST-UTME screening test.
- UNILORIN Courses and Requirements
- OAU Admission Requirements For Medicine And Surgery.
- UNILAG Admission Requirements For Law.
- UNILAG Admission Requirements
- NOUN Study Centres in Nigeria and their contact details
- UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
Below is a list of all the four (4) undergraduate Law programmes available in OAU:
- Bachelor of Laws degree in Public law; LLB (Public Law)
- Bachelor of Laws degree in Business law; LLB (Business Law)
- Bachelor of Laws degree in Industrial Law; LLB (Industrial Law)
- Bachelor of Laws degree in Jurisprudence and Private Law; LLB (Jurisprudence and Private Law)
OAU General Admission Requirements
Below is the list of all the general admission requirements for Obafemi Awolowo University.
- Interested candidates must take part in the Unified Tertiary and Matriculation Examination (UTME) also must have made a minimum score of 200
- Applicants must obtain at least 5 credits with (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result. The O’level results can be either WASSCE, NECO, GCE or NABTEB results.
- UTME candidates must also take part in the OAU’s compulsory POST-UTME screening test
- Applicants must have attained the age of 16 to be offered admission into the university. If you are not up to 16 yet, you will not be granted admission.
- Candidates are expected to meet the required admission cutoff mark for their respective courses to be offered admission.
- Candidates must also come with a letter of reference written by any reputable person from either their guidance or community.
OAU Admission Requirements for Law
OAU UTME Law Requirements:
Below is the OAU UTME subject requirements for Law
English Language and any three Arts or Social Sciences subjects.
OAU WAEC Subjects Requirements for Law
Listed below are the official OAU WAEC Subject requirements for Law.
Interested applicants must acquire at least five (5) O-Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Literature-in-English and any two of Arts or Social Sciences subjects.
OAU Direct Entry Law Requirements
Below are the OAU admission requirements for direct entry candidates.
OAU only accepts first degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper plus the UTME requirements.
Above, we made available all the OAU admission requirements for law, the OAU general admission requirements for UTME candidates, OAU UTME Law Requirements and lots more. Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help on, we will reply to you ASAP!!