According to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), in every academic year, Medicine And Surgery is one of the most sought-after courses by admission seekers into any tertiary institution across the country. This makes Medicine And Surgery a very competitive course across several institutions, so applicants who are informed earlier about all the needed requirements such as the JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine And Surgery, WASSCE subject requirements and the Direct Entry requirements will be at the advantage as this will serve as a guide to avoiding all avoidable mistakes.
To Study Medicine And Surgery in any Nigerian University or polytechnic, kindly read through to know the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine And Surgery and every other requirement you need to know.
Carefully read through to know all the requirements you need to apply for Medicine And Surgery either through the UTME or Direct Entry.
- UNILORIN Courses and Requirements
- OAU Admission Requirements For Medicine And Surgery.
- UNILAG Admission Requirements For Law.
- UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
- NOUN Study Centres In Nigeria
- OAU Admission Requirements For Law
- JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, English Language is compulsory for all courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course.
JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine And Surgery
- Chemistry and Biology.
WAEC Subject Requirements for Medicine And Surgery
- Applicants applying for this course must acquire a minimum of at least credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Medicine And Surgery
- Direct entry applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes chosen from Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements. (ii) BSC, BOS, etc in the relevant programme.
NUC Accredited Universities To Study Medicine And Surgery
These are all the NUC accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Medicine And Surgery.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State – ABSU
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State – ABU
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State – AAU
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Bingham University, Karu, Nasarawa State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State – COOU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Edo University, Iyamho, Edo State – EUI
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Eko University Of Medicine And Health Sciences, Ijanikin, Lagos State
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu, Enugu State – ESUTECH
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State – Fed-Dutse
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe, Gombe State – GSU
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State – LAUTECH
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State – LASU
- Madonna University, Elele, Rivers State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State – NDU
- Nile University Of Nigeria, Abuja – Nile
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences, Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State – OSUMS
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- Pamo University Of Medical Science, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, FCT
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State – UNIBEN
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UNIBADAN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State – UNILAG
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State – UNIPORT
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
- Yobe State University, Damaturu, Yobe State – YSU
In this article, we have provided the JAMB Subject Combination for Medicine And Surgery, the WAEC requirements, and the Direct Entry requirements for all prospective applicants.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help on, we will reply to you ASAP!!