Linguistics is one of the most sought-after courses by admission seekers into any tertiary institution across the country. This makes Linguistics a very competitive course across several institutions, so applicants who are in possession of the right information about all the needed admission requirements which include the JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics, the WAEC subject requirements and also the Direct Entry requirements will be at the advantage as this will serve as a guide to avoiding all unnecessary mistakes during the registration process.
To Study Linguistics in any Nigerian University or polytechnic, kindly read through to know the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics and every other admission requirement you need to know.
Carefully read through to know all the requirements you need to apply for Linguistics either through the UTME or Direct Entry.
- UNILORIN Courses and Requirements
- OAU Admission Requirements For Medicine and Surgery.
- UNILAG Admission Requirements For Law.
- UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
- NOUN Study Centres In Nigeria
- OAU Admission Requirements For Law
- JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, Linguistics is compulsory for all the courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course of study.
JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics
- Any Language and two (2) other subjects
WAEC Subject Requirements for Linguistics
- Applicants applying to study Linguistics must acquire a minimum of at least credit passes to include Literature in English and English Language.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Linguistics
- Direct entry applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes or NCE to include any Language, preferably an African Language.
NUC Accredited Universities To Study Linguistics
These are all the NUC approved and accredited Nigerian Universities you can apply to study Linguistics.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, Ondo State – AAUA
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – ABUAD
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State – BSU
- Delta State University, Abraka, Delta State – DELSU
- Eastern Palm University, Ogboko, Imo State – EPU
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State – EBSU
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State – EKSU
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State – FUOYE
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City, Edo State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State – IMSU
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State – KASU
- Kwara State University, Malete, Ilorin, Kwara State – KWASU
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State – UNIZIK
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State – OAU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State – OOU
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State – UNIOSUN
- University Of Abuja, Abuja, Fct – UNIABUJA
- University Of Calabar, Calabar, Cross River State – UNICAL
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State – UNIBADAN
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State – UNILORIN
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State – UNIJOS
- University Of Maiduguri, Borno State – UNIMAID
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State – UNN
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State – UNIUYO
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Sokoto State – UDU
In this article, we have provided the JAMB Subject Combination for Linguistics, the WAEC requirements, and the Direct Entry requirements for all prospective applicants.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help on, we will reply to you ASAP!!