According to the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB), in every academic year, Architecture is one of the most sought-after courses by admission seekers into any tertiary institution across the country. This makes Architecture a very competitive course across several institutions, so applicants who are informed earlier about all the needed requirements such as the JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture, WASSCE subject requirements and the Direct Entry requirements will be at the advantage as this will serve as a guide to avoiding all avoidable mistakes.
To Study Architecture in any Nigerian University or polytechnic, kindly read through to know the WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture and every other requirement you need to know.
Carefully read through to know all the requirements you need to apply for Architecture either through the UTME or Direct Entry.
- UNILORIN Courses and Requirements
- OAU Admission Requirements For Medicine And Surgery.
- UNILAG Admission Requirements For Law.
- UNIUYO Postgraduate Courses
- NOUN Study Centres In Nigeria
- OAU Admission Requirements For Law
- JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science
- JAMB Subject Combination for Civil Engineering
Applicants are advised to note that, English Language is compulsory for all courses in JAMB’s UTME while the other three (3) subjects must be relevant to the applicant’s chosen course.
JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture
- Mathematics, and any of either Chemistry, Geography, Biology or Economics.
WAEC Subject Requirements for Architecture
- Applicants applying for this course must acquire a minimum of at least credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Technical Drawing, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign and Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity.
Direct Entry Admission Requirements for Architecture
- Direct entry applicants must acquire at least two (2) A-Level passes chosen from either Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
- NCE applicants must acquire ND/HND upper credit at appropriate levels.
NUC Accredited Universities To Study Architecture
These are all the NUC accredited Nigerian Universities Offering Architecture.
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo, Oyo State
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Bayero University, Kano, Kano State
- Baze University, Abuja, FCT
- Bells University Of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Caritas University, Amorji-Nike, Enugu, Enugu State
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli, Anambra State
- Covenant University, Canaan Land, Ota, Ogun State
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Cross Rivers University Of Technology, Calabar, Cross Rivers State
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure, Ondo State
- Federal University Of Technology, Minna, Niger State
- Federal University Of Technology, Owerri, Imo State
- Federal University, Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
- Godfrey Okoye University, Urgwuomu- Nike, Enugu State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji, Osun State
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna, Kaduna State
- Kano University Of Science And Technology, Wudil, Kano State
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Modibo Adama University Of Technology, Yola, Adamawa State
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State
- Rivers State University Of Science And Technology, Port Harcourt, Rivers State
- Tansian University, Oba, Anambra State
- University Of Benin, Benin City, Edo State
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State
- University Of Jos, Jos, Plateau State
- University Of Lagos, Lagos State
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka, Enugu State
- University Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
In this article, we have provided the JAMB Subject Combination for Architecture, the WAEC requirements, and the Direct Entry requirements for all prospective applicants.
Has this article provided solutions to your query? If yes, leave us a comment in the comments section expressing your satisfaction or with any question(s) you may need help on, we will reply to you ASAP!!